The Dream Center in Short Creek is a 40-bed residential life skills program and community engagement social services program that exists to equip, overcome and restore hope through education, ending hunger and empowering the communities surrounding Colorado City, Arizona. The age range of clients we serve is between 18 years old and 40 years old, with some clients having children with them.
Our length of stay varies on the individual needs of the client, but is typically between three months and one year. Additionally, we value community partnership and pride ourselves on the community relationships we continue to develop and grow. Such collaboration allows all parties to further the reach and depth of our ability to assist others.
More of what we believe
The Short Creek Dream Center has the following philosophy depicted by core values originating from the first Dream Center built in Los Angeles, California in 1994.
• Christ Centered, Faith Based not for profit 501(c)(3) social services agency • To involve the community in events, activities and provide support
• Committed to the inherent worth of all people
• A commitment to justice for all people
• Organizational and individual integrity
• Violence / drug free environment
• Stewardship that maximizes an individual’s potential
• Belief in the need for all people to become self-sufficient through tools, resources and the desire to dream
More about what we do to serve the community
• Housing for Women, Men and Mothers with Children
• Counseling, mentors and Life Coach assistance
• Program will assist men, but will primarily be housed off-site at our Phoenix campus
• Referrals for counseling, classes and support services
• Meals and Food assistance
• Job skills training, GED prep, resume writing, interview skills
• Certified teacher doing after school tutoring
• Community Support
• Our motto is “Find a need and fill it, find a hurt and heal it”- providing a variety of life recovery options through residential support
Short Creek Dream Center Available Services:
• Trauma sensitive environmental design
• Private rooms equipped with therapeutic tactile, sounds and lighting • Healing groups with mentors and/or counselors
• Counseling with (LMFT or LCSW)
• Life Skills Training
• Healing Art Groups
• Music Therapy Group
• Community Based Outreach and Interaction
• After School Tutoring
• Sensory environment
• Emotional support to maximize learning
• Safety monitoring of internet use
• Life Skills Groups
• Daily Stretching and relaxation sessions
• On-Site Campus Security
• On-Site campus security camera system
All programs are free of charge. The Dream Center does not charge for any services rendered.
Introducing some of our wonderful staff
We are Luke and Konstance Merideth, Co-Directors of the Short Creek Dream Center. After serving for years at the Phoenix Dream Center, our love for this community brought us out to make this our home. Our hearts are to serve in every way God affords us the ability.
Hello from Short Creek Dream Center, I am Stella and I Coordinate the Programs department. I love that my job allows me to extend God’s love to touch and bless the lives of those who come through my door and beyond.
Hello, my name is Richard R. Brown and I work for SCDC as the Manager for the City Help Food Bank in Colorado City, AZ. I love my job and getting to connect with awesome members of the community every weekend!
My name is Mykenna and I am the Promotions Coordinator. I relocated here from the Twin Cities area of Minnesota to help with promotions, marketing, social media, and events here at the SCDC. My goal is to glorify God in all I bring.
Hello! I’m Loni and I represent the IT and Life Skills support for the Short Creek Dream Center. My job provides a new adventure every day where I get to bless others and show the love of Jesus; who is the center of it all!
My name is Alex, I am the Kitchen Manager for SCDC. I have a passion to communicate love to people who come through our doors through my cooking and service. I also appreciate the opportunity to teach kitchen skills as an aspect of healing.
Hello my name is Elijah, I joined the SCDC team most recently because of my love for the people and staff here. I love that I get to serve in a variety of capacities as the Executive Assistant to our directors.
Hi I’m Desteny and I serve as the Lead Residential Aide for the Short Creek Dream Center. I have been a part of this community for six years and I am so grateful to be able to give back alongside my fellow staff in the place I love.
My name is Tony, I am the Men’s Residential Aide. I have a heart for the Lord and service to His people. I am committed to bring the Kingdom of God to earth. SCDC provides ample opportunity for this desire.
I am Briell and I was the 65th wife of Warren Jeffs who formerly owned what is now our Short Creek Dream Center. It is my desire to see people have a safe place to recover and heal fully from trauma and I am proud to know that is what we provide.